When we refurbished the cinema we reused as much of the original cinema as possible, this included the seat stanchions and our gorgeous ticket machine. Other fixtures, such as our shell wall lights, were bought second hand to recreate the original environment and support reuse. As we started the cinema we purposefully put several practices in place with the environment in mind:
- Installed LED lights throughout the building to cut down on bulb waste and electricity use.
- None of our drinks are served in single use cups – our coffee mugs are especially popular!
- Our hand towels in the toilet are washable and reusable hand towels, when considering all options this seemed the most sustainable with the least waste.
As we aim for net-zero carbon emissions, we must all help each other to reduce our carbon footprint. We hope you can join us in our efforts to be more sustainable.
Customer travel has the largest impact on our carbon footprint. To limit this we encourage our customers and staff to travel to and from The Regal sustainably. We have updated our website to include bike rack locations and public transport information. You can find that here (link to transport page).
We have also started an on screen campaign to educate our customers about our sustainability efforts and ask them to help us with our recycling system.
We have already taken many steps in our journey towards a more sustainable cinema.
- We have updated our procurement process and our waste management.
- We have undertaken management training and we will now incorporate this into our regular staff training to ensure all employees are aware of our commitment to sustainability.
- We are committed to using our position to raise awareness and create a positive change in our community.
We know we are at the start of our journey but we are committed to continually improving our sustainable practices and we hope you will follow our progress and join us in creating a greener cinema.